The Lessons Learned From The Path Less Traveled Project is composed of a collaborative internet-based video documentary series and an audio podcast.
We will be taking an honest & thoughtful look at people’s successes, setbacks, failures, and struggles in life and discussing the lessons they’ve learned along the way.
It’s about hope.
It’s about adversity.
It’s about resilience.
It’s about defying the odds.
It’s about staying true to yourself.
It’s about goals, dreams & aspirations.
It’s about success, setbacks — and failure.
And it’s about sharing what you’ve learned.
Are you or do you know someone with lessons to share?
FTPLT Productions is seeking to connect with interesting people of all ages from all walks of life who’ve chosen unconventional paths, experienced uncommon things, or who have been subject to difficult or unusual conditions or circumstances on their journey in life so that we can help highlight their stories and the lessons they’ve learned as a result.
Your story, your struggles, and what you’ve learned on your journey is of far more significance than how successful you consider yourself to be or what you look like.
Do any of these describe you?
- Are you an aspiring (or professional) artist or performer of some kind — or someone who has chosen a challenging or uncommon path in life?
- Have you had an uncommon job or rare life experience?
- Have you ever been forced from the path you were on because of something unexpected?
- Are you a homesteader, van-lifer, or someone who lives off the grid?
- Have you had to deal with challenging circumstances just to survive?
- Have you ever felt like you’ve had to hide who you truly are just to fit in or meet someone else’s expectations?
- Have you ever felt like you were on the wrong path in life and then changed it to accommodate what you wanted?
And have you learned valuable things as a result of your life experiences? If so, apply here.
While having something in common with the list above may help, ultimately, the most important factor here is having something of value worth sharing with others. Even if none of these things describe your specific life experience, anyone with an interesting story to tell, valuable lessons they want to share, or important causes they want to highlight is welcome to apply.
Dates & Locations
Video interviews began in September 2019 and will be conducted across the United States over the course of many months.
Audio interviews will be conducted with guests who are unavailable for an on-camera interview.
Long-term goal: Feature length documentary
It is a long-term goal to eventually cut together videos and supplemental material from this project into a feature-length documentary that focuses on the path less traveled, lessons people have learned, and recurring themes presented throughout this series.